Saturday 6 December 2014

My Hangover Essentials


With us now heading into the festive party season, I'm guessing a few of us will be nursing hangovers at some point over the next few weeks, so I thought I'd share with you some of the products I like to use to get me through the morning after the night before.


Most of the time I like to just lay in bed feeling sorry for myself if I've got a hangover, but if plans don't allow for that to happen, I'll drag myself into the shower to try and perk myself up a little bit. The Aromatherapy Associates Revive Morning Bath & Shower Oil is great for waking myself up and feeling more alert in the mornings, plus it makes the house smell great afterwards. My eyes are usually what suffer the most after a long night, so to make them less puffy I use the Garnier Eye Roll On, which is really cooling and soothing, making your eyes appear more awake. I used the tinted version to help conceal my dark circles too.

If I've got more time just to relax, I love to snuggle up under the duvet and watch a dvd (I've picked Elf to get me in the festive spirit!), whilst wearing a face mask to quench my skins thirst. My hangover favourite is the Hydraluron Moisture Boosting Sheet Mask as you can just place the sheet over your face, sit and relax whilst the mask sinks into your skin, then throw the sheet in the bin - minimal effort required! I may also whip my gel eye mask out from the fridge and pop it on my eyes for a few minutes before the dvd goes on, just to de-puff them a little. I suffer from dry lips anyway, so they are always in need of some real attention after a night out, so I like to put on a layer of the Nuxe Reve de Miel to give them a much needed moisture boost.

Lots of peoples swear by a greasy fry-up or a McDonald's breakfast as a good hangover cure, but to be honest they tend to make me feel worse (don't get me wrong, I love a good McDonald's breakfast!) when I'm not feeling so great to begin with. The best way I like to get rid of a hangover, is to start the day with a mug of green tea, then I'll try and eat a normal breakfast when I feel up to it. I've probably loaded myself up with a tonne of calories the night before, the last thing I want to be doing is added more bad food to my body the next morning!

What are your party hangover essentials?



2 comments :

  1. Fab post! Elf is easily my favourite Christmas film and i love the Aromatherapy Associates bath oil, smells so lovely!xx

    Honeypot Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they're so heavenly, I want to treat myself to a full size bottle of one of them soon xx

      Delete